Custom Residential Duplex - 12 Marine Parade Nords Wharf
Architecturally designed by Coastline Building Design, our waterfront duplex close to completion at Nords Wharf, south of Swansea on the Lake Macquarie foreshore boasts an absolute waterfront location and high quality inclusions inside and out.
Constructed of solid concrete and brick with exterior finishes consisting of brickwork, heritage sandstone and modern fibre cement cladding, the commanding 4-storey duplex occupies a total site area of 746.5m2 and includes a boat shed and heated swimming pool for use by the occupants of the larger and more exclusive of the two dwellings (Dwelling No. 1, which occupies the upper two levels of the property).
Other features of this state-of-the-art waterfront residence include:
- Hydronic underfloor home heating supplied by Urban Energy (one of Europe’s most popular forms of home heating)
- Integrated home entertainment system
- The ultimate in home insulation Kingspan Kooltherm
- Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) air conditioning.
More details on work in progress for the Nords Wharf Residential Duplex project here.
Mudgecorp team on this project
- Project Manager – Tobias Drengenberg
- Junior Project Manager – Steve Breese
- Carpenter – Sean Wyllie
- Apprentice – Jake Lougher
Challenges we have successfully overcome on this project
There were a number of unique challenges on this project and on top of the existing scope the project was hit with over 3 months worth of rain delays during
building of the main structure. MudgeCorp in collaboration with the owner managed this project onsite successfully with no architect hired to manage
the project. Here were some of the specific construction challenges within the scope of the project:
- Whole lower area including boat shed and pool built into solid rock
- Bottom of the pool is one metre below sea level making cut out and pour difficult however it was cleanly executed
- Back of the bottom two levels of dwelling were below ground level, excavated into the hill
- Bottom dwelling is below table water level with constant draining of water required from behind. This was successfully setup
- Designed by – Coastline Building Services
- Engineering – Forum Consulting Engineering