After 30 years in the construction industry, Steve has lost none of his enthusiasm and passion for his profession. He is particularly driven by the great satisfaction he achieves from interpreting a client’s needs, and guiding them from concept to a successful project outcome that often exceeds expectations.
Steve is equally passionate about maintaining a high standard in the industry and has a special interest in mentoring the next generation of young builders coming through the ranks. One of his proudest achievements has been to see a number of his apprentices recognised at the highest industry level for their skill, dedication and expertise.
A natural leader and people person, Steve oversees every aspect of the business from marketing and business development to staff development and overseeing the management of all projects. In addition to his business interests, he is an avid team player, rugby union enthusiast and a dedicated family man.
- Qualified carpenter, foreman, estimator, and project manager
- Licensed to manage projects with a value of up to $5 million
- MudgeCorp Founder and Director since 2005
- Diploma in Building Science
- Projects Experience - International carpentry experience has given Steve a firsthand understanding of the effects different climates and altitudes have on a construction project
- Awards: Runner up Young Builder of the Year, 2010; Won the 2015 Master Builders Newcastle Excellence in Building Awards ‘Builder of the Year’ 2015.