Kicking new goals in a thriving market
Welcome to the summer edition of MudgeCorp News, our first newsletter for 2017. We have entered the new calendar year pumped and ready to achieve some ambitious goals on the back of a very successful 18 months of significant business growth, successful projects and accolades (read more about this on our latest blog post).
Our team has doubled since 2015
Since mid 2015 we have literally doubled our team of quality builders, apprentices and support staff in response to increasing demand for our services and a robust construction sector in NSW. We look forward to introducing you to our new team members in upcoming blogs and newsletters.
Residential & commercial construction sectors performing well
According to Housing Industry Association (HIA) Senior Economist, Shane Garret, the latest residential building statistics indicate that new dwelling starts in NSW have “soared” over the past 4 years while the building approvals pipeline remains “very high”. Other notable observations in the latest industry statistics were:
- High-rise apartments are leading the charge with 51% of all building approvals for apartments (4 + storeys) in the September 2016 quarter.
- The Hunter region is lagging behind Sydney in terms of total dwelling approvals but performs better than Sydney for detached house approvals and multi-residential
building is becoming “more important” in the region.
- The number of renovations are also improving, especially large renovations (based on our experience and the enquiries we are receiving, we are anticipating a further surge in custom building projects in 2017 and are planning ahead for this by further growing our team).
In summary, Mr Garret said the NSW economy has “found its form”, thanks in part to residential building, and Government backed infrastructure investments offer significant opportunities.
In terms of commercial construction, the forecast is for a lift in major project work over the 2016/17 and 2017/18 financial years driven by an increase in transport infrastructure activity.
5 MudgeCorp apprentices now qualified tradesmen
We are pleased to announce that five apprentices completed their training with us by the end of 2016 and are now on board as fully qualified tradesmen. This growth has enabled us to take on many exciting new projects in 2017 including a number of bespoke units in Balmoral and designer homes in Wamberal and Killcare. We currently have seven apprentices on board at varying stages of their development. Training the next generation of builders not only provides us with a steady pipeline of quality builders for the future, but also gives us great pride knowing we are offering exciting career opportunities for young people on the Central Coast who are interested in becoming part of the construction industry.
New streamlined management procedures
We are currently in the process of rolling out our new cloud-based interactive Project Management System, Procore and customers are already reaping the many benefits of this new streamlined way of operating. Benefits include efficient real-time communication between all parties assigned to a construction project (from the architect and engineers to the construction team), improved collaboration, better risk management, greater productivity and lower operating costs. We will provide more information on the benefits of our new management procedures in our next newsletter.
Also this Quarter:
- Making a Difference Childcare, Beacon Hill – overcoming the challenges of commercial construction in a fully operational childcare centre.
- Our Residential Showcase features a custom-built waterfront dual occupancy home at Nords Wharf with heated swimming pool, hydronic in floor temperature control, lift and many more high tech features.
- Our design inspiration article this quarter features timber flooring and the many options available when selecting this ever-popular flooring choice.
Connect with us